08 March 2015

Diligence

This week we were asked to focus on diligence. I was grateful for the motivation to be more diligent in my scripture study and daily prayer. Preach My Gospel says that diligence is "steady, consistent, earnest, and energetic effort in doing the Lord's work." It also encourages me to focus on the most important things and stop wasting time. I have tried very hard for many years to use my time effectively- I live by a day-planner. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed because I am not able to check every box in a day. However, I've learned this week that as I do the important things [reading scriptures, praying, writing letters of gratitude] I feel less stressed out about my mundane assignments and am able to complete them in a more timely manner. I know that this is a small blessing for being diligent in completing the small and simple things, and I am grateful that I could experience those blessing this week. I hope to remember them as I am trying to decide between good, better, and best ways to spend my time.


No comments:

Post a Comment