25 April 2016

Long time...

...No post. It's been awhile. In the last thirteen months, I have been accepted to nursing school. I have reached my halfway mark of college. I have fallen in love. I have experienced a broken heart. I have tasted death (okay that one was a little dramatic). I have learned more than ever before how to experience a mighty change of heart.

I don't really know what to write here. I feel a need to catch up on everything that has happened in the last year. I could talk about my severe allergic reaction over finals week last December. I could talk about how I thought I was going to marry my bf and the grief and loss and confusion I felt over our breakup. I could talk about how joyous the reunions were when my brother max came home from his mission and my best friend Rebekah came home from London. I could talk about the stressors and blessings of nursing school. I could talk about my evolving relationship with my parents. I could talk about how I purchased a car and feel like a real adult. I could talk about my road trip to Portland OR with friends. I could talk about the BWE and all of our adventures and fun and testimony building experiences with Bishop Rasmussen. I could talk about our temple trip with family history and learning how to research my ancestors. I could talk about pathophysiology. I could talk about any of these things for days and still never feel caught up.

But alas. That is a near impossible task and I would prefer to live in the moment.

It is April 25th 2016. I am twenty years old. I am between semesters. I just rocked finals and finished my first year of nursing school. In two days, I will begin spring term to catch up on GE requirements. My heart is healed and I have a new boyfriend, Dave. Bekah is home (it still doesn't feel real) and I can't wait to live with her again. I am HAPPY.

I am happy because I know my family loves me. I am happy because i love my ward. I am happy because I have learned about the Savior and how present He can be in my life. I am happy because I have my best friend in the whole entire world living next door to me. I am happy because David makes me laugh every single day.

I feel so blessed. I love BYU, and Provo, and feeling at home here. I am excited to see what the next thirteen months has to bring, but hopefully i will keep better track of the goings-on so this time.












No comments:

Post a Comment